Born 2007, Chestnut, 16.1-1/2 hands.
|SPS Byzantina||Brentano II||Bolero|
|300-day-test -riding horses||122,985||4||30||14.10.2010||Adelheidsdorf|
Dannebrog is the Hanoverian Approved Stallion sired by Blue Hors Don Schufro, and out of the very exceptional State Premium Mare, Byzantina (by Brentano II). He displays exceptional temperament, rideability and 3 high quality, pure gaits with exceptional conformation. He scored 135.74 on his Stallion Performance Test in 2010, placing 3rd in Dressage. Most notably, due to his high character, rideability and conformational scores, he placed 4th overall out of a class of 30 stallions. From his first foal crop which arrived in 2011, Dannebrog had 9 young stallions presented by breeders for the 2-year-old licensing selection committee, a testament that breeders in Germany are seeing outstanding quality from his foals. Dannebrog's frozen semen is of very good quality and fertility and Mariposa Sport Horses is thrilled to have an exquisite filly, named Danika, sired by Dannebrog who arrived in 2013. Under strong recommendation by inspection judges, we will be repeating this breeding for a 2015 foal.
Dannebrog's sire, Blue Hors Don Schufro, is world-renowned. His resume as a performance horse and sire of outstanding competition and breeding horses is exceptional. He is considered to be Germany's best sire, despite standing in Denmark and has lead the FN breeding index in 1st place 10 times and 2nd place for 3 times out of the last 13 years. He is an exceptional sire, who reliably passes on his quality of type, brilliant gaits, and exceptional rideability. He has produced numerous champion offspring, state premium mares, and approved stallion sons standing in numerous countries. In 2013, his daughter, Weihegold, was Oldenburg Champion Mare. This after having already been the Oldenburg Regional Champion Mare as both a 4 and 5 year old, plus won the final of the Nurberg Burgpokal in Frankfrut. Over the years, Don Schufro has produced such exceptional offspring such as Tausendundeine Nacht, who sold for the top price of 160,000 Euros at the Vechta Elite Auction in 2012. His son, Blue Boy, was highly placed in World Cup qualifiers, and many of other offspring are successful at the Grand Prix level, including Dorina, Bocello, Dondolo, Paragon and Donna Silver. His outstanding daughter, Uno Donna Unique, was the World Champion of 6-year-old dressage horses in 2010. Another champion mare, Traversdale, was also the 2010 Oldenburg Regional Champion mare. She currently has 20 wins at advanced level dressage at the S level.
Don Schufro himself has many, many wins and championships to his credit, starting from his first championship in Young Horse competition, culminating in his Team Bronze Medal at the Hong Kong Olympics in 2008. Don Schufro's pedigree is the perfect nik between Donnerhall and Pik Bube I. His damline is the successful Vornholzer damline which has produced more than 40 licensed stallions, including such stallions as Adelfos, Aldato, Don Primero, Rio Negro, etc., not to mention many, many horses performing at the International level of competition. Don Schufro's full sisters have become the dams of stallions such as Sunny Boy, Capuccino, and Pentagon's Peron.
Dannebrog's Motherline is simply outstanding. His mother, State Premium Mare, Byzantina, is the half-sister of the licensed stallion Kafka (sired by Elimcal xx and out of the SPM EM Kasaried). SPM Byzantina is registered in the Hanoverian Studbook following her own successful Mare Performance Test and following the Mare Show in Gottingen, she was awarded 1st class State Premium award. Dannebrog's maternal bloodline goes back to the famous danline of the mare, Kassette which has its origins in the Main Trakehnen State Stud. Important premium stallions like Karon (sire of Caprimond), Kostolany (who was victorious and highly-placed at advanced level dressage competitions and who is the grandsire to Totilas), K2 (who was Champion Stallion of the Trakehner Stallion Licensing in 2001), and Don Kennedy (Champion Stallion of the Oldenburg Stallion Licensing in 2003) all descend from this lineage.
Dannebrog's grandmother, Kasaried, is awarded both her State Premium Mare and Elite Mare awards for her outstanding production as a broodmare. Every single filly she produced is a state premium mare! She, herself, won her Mare Performance Test in Munster-Handort in 1986. Following this, she won the Riding Horse Ability Class and later, the Show Division at the Bavarian Agricultural Event in Munich in 1987 where she registered scores of 9 for type, 9 for gaits, 9 for impulsion and power. Her daughter, State Premium Mare Kapried (by Pascal) was Champion Mare at her Mare Performance Test in 1986. Daughter, Verband Premium Mare, Kaperied (by Pascal), repeated the honour by winning her respective Mare Performance Test in 1988. In 2002, Kasaried produced her daughter State Premium Mare Kassaried (by Salazar) who was also awarded State Premium and Champion Mare at her Mare Performance Test. Kasaried produced the approved stallion, Kafka (by Elimcal xx) in 1995 (half sibling to Dannebrog's mother) in 1997. In 1998, she produced champion filly Wolkenspiel (by Wolkenstein I) who was awarded Hanoverian Champion Foal at the Foal Show in Fulda by the Hanoverian Society.
Dannebrog's mother, State Premium Mare Byzantina has produced the following exceptional offspring:
* 2001 SPM Londy's Princess (by Londonderry). She won her division of 4 to 6 year old mares and was Champion Mare of the Gottingen Mare Show in 2005.
* 2002 Lorigno (by Londonderry), stallion prospect, sold to Ramsbrock Stable in Germany. He was a very promising young stallion who unfortunately had to be retired early due to a severe injury.
* 2003, SPM Lovely Kiss (by Londonderry). She won her 3-year-old mares division very convincingly and named Champion Mare of the Gottingen Mare Show in 2006. Her walk was especially convincing as well as her supple overall movement and captivating type. She was awarded her State Premium title. Later as a young horse in competition, she achieved 2nd place in the Riding Horse ABility Class at Alsfeld in 2006. Later, she won her Riding Horse Class at the Whitesun Championships in Wartenberg-Landehausen against a very strong field. She took highest scores of 8.6 overall, an 8.5 for trot, canter 8.5, walk 7.5, conformation 9.5, rideability 9.0 and overall impression of 9.0. At the time of this show, she had only been ridden under saddle for 10 weeks, proving her tremendous rideability and willingness to perform under saddle!
* 2004 La Perla (by Londonderry), who was sold to Denmark. In 2008, she was presented to the studbook where judges awarded her six scores of 8's, 9's for her trot, 9 for impulsion and elasticity, and received an overall score of 8. She went on to prove herself in the Mare Performance Test receiving an overall score of 8. Following this, at the Mare Show in Dotlingen, she was awarded 4th place out of 41 mares in the 4-year-old division.
* 2006 Deauville (by Blu Hors Don Schufro) was selected for the Elite Auction in Vechta and was described as "a ballet dancer with optimized bloodlines, powerful movements with good leverage from behind". She was sold for a very good price to a dressage stable in Germany.
* 2007, she produced the Approved Stallion, Dannebrog, who later took 3rd place in the dressage performance test with the high score of 135.74 points, and was placed 4th overall in a class of 30 stallions. He was sold to the Hanoverian Celle State Stud, where he currently stands.
* 2009 Diva Dannebrog (by Blue Hors Don Schufro), also a full sister to Dannebrog, and is an extremely brilliant young mare with high expectations. She was entered into the studbook as a State Premium Candidate with extraordinary results. At her Mare Performance Test, the judges awarded this outstanding mare 11 scores of 9s for her outstanding quality of gaits, her brilliant rideability, and her overall studbook impression.
DANNEBROG'S FAMILY TREE:
|Dam: State Premium Mare Byzantina||Full Sister: SPC Diva Dannebrog (Don Schufro)||Full Sister: Deauville,(Don Schufro) sold to Denmark.||Half-Sister: SPM Londy's Princess (Londonderry)|
|Half-sister: SPM Lovely Kiss (Londonderry)||Half-sister: La Perle (Londonderry)||Half-sibling to SPM Byzantina: Approved Stallion Kafka||Granddam: SPM & EM Kasaried|